UL CLEB is a center of knowledge and expertise with facilities in Montreal, Chicago, Quebec City, Ottawa, Truro and New York. UL CLEB facilities include offices and test laboratories offering a wide range of expertise including consulting, testing and quality control services related to the building envelope.
- A single gateway to laboratory or in-situ testing, and to quality control and technical assessment or investigative services dedicated exclusively to the building science field, thus forming the most important group of professionals in the Eastern Canada and the North-Eastern of the United States;
- A dynamic team of more than eighty highly specialized people, distributed across five locations in Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Truro and New York, are all dedicated to the application of collected knowledge and the advancement of research in the building envelope field and its impacts on human and built environments, which shape and influence our living conditions;
- Unique laboratory installations, among the most important in Canada, accredited by the main organizations recognized in North America to inform and enable our industry partners to obtain the needed certification of their various building envelope systems and components;
- Experience, with more than thirty years of history and evolution in providing services to architects and other construction professionals, manufacturers of systems and envelope components, general contractors, property managers and building owners;
- Constant and recognized involvement of its professionals, who are actively involved in the scientific community, and many of whom are active members of numerous standard and code committees, decision-making bodies and other industry associations related to knowledge development and dessemination.
- Research and development, in partnership with recognized organizations such as CMHC, NRC and the engineering and architectural departments of universities in the province of Quebec, as well as the presentation and publication of scientific papers during symposiums and international conferences;
- A central hub of knowledge and know-how, promoting building excellence with the use of many recognized and sought-after training modules which its professionals deliver to the members of the construction industry, either to professional orders, public organizations or other groups dedicated to professional training;
- A reference sought by leaders of the construction community regarding the process of design, evaluation, quality control, commissioning and maintenance of building envelopes and components.