Building science is constantly evolving, punctuated by the current challenges we face: energy efficiency, adaptation to climate change, sustainability, building conservation and rehabilitation. The materials and techniques are sophisticated, of course, and more and more efficient. But still it is necessary to control them.
To this end, this series of webinars responds to both the fundamental requirements of building practice and the contemporary issues of building science, using an interactive and dynamic approach to understanding, knowing, integrating and performing.
The first webinar will discuss the fundamentals of the building envelope, and more specifically:
– The environment and the solicitation exerted on the envelope;
– The way in which the building envelope is articulated;
– The requirements to be met by the envelope.
After participating in the webinar, you will be able to:
– Know the climatic and environmental impacts on building envelope design and performance;
– Understand the integration mechanisms of the envelope through the building and its components;
– Identify the requirements that define the design parameters of the envelope;
– Integrate the concept of the envelope into a context of use, aging and ultimately replacement.